Monday, April 18, 2011

Plentycast #18

aka The Impromptu Birthday Cast...

Aye, it was my (Chris's) birthday on Thursday past, I had a relatively quiet day off work and had a few drinks and went to see Lone Pigeon and The Pictish Trail in Leith at night. John was otherwise engaged on Thursday but we agreed to meet up for a couple of libations, finances meant that said libations were in the flat. John suggested we do a podcast, he then suggested we do a podcast for my birthday along the lines of one we did for his and since that seemed like a good idea to me that's exactly what we did...

However, it didn't give me much time to think of songs to play but I think I came up with an OK selection. It is a 90s indie rock heavy playlist, but that's my thing so that's what we're going for. There are probably a few glaring omissions (and I can think of a few off the top of my head) but such is the way of these things. John did the announcing and I did the rest and I hope you like what we came up with. In a recurring theme, it turned into another two-parter...

Hit it says Jocky...




Plentycast #18 (Pt.1) by Plentyside on Mixcloud





Plentycast #18 (Pt.2) by Plentyside on Mixcloud


Part 1 Tracklisting -
1. AC/DC - It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock'n'Roll)
2. Pavement - Summer Babe (Winter Version)
3. The Delgados - Thirteen Gliding Principles
4. Mudhoney - Good Enough
5. The Afghan Whigs - Debonair
6. Tunng - Woodcat
7. dEUS - Suds & Soda
8. Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
9. Sebadoh - Skull

Part 2 Tracklisting -

1. Helmet - Unsung
2. Buffalo Tom - I'm Allowed
3. Joanna Newsom - Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
4. Dirty Three - Everything's Fucked
5. Girls Against Boys - Bulletproof Cupid
6. Versus - Angels Rush In
7. Urusei Yatsura - Kernel
8. Yo La Tengo - Deeper Into Movies
9. Superchunk - Throwing Things

No comments: