Saturday, July 30, 2011

Plentycast #23 (Part 2)

a.k.a. Good Songs by Crap Bands part 2...

I told you there was more! This is part 2 of our little homage to John's Good Songs by Crap Bands feature in Clipper fanzine. I know you're gazing at the tracklisting and thinking R.E.M??? However, if you listen to the podcast then the context is there and we like nothing more than providing a little context to the proceedings!

I have to say that these two podcasts have been up there in terms of the most enjoyable to do. As I said in part 1, there's no such thing as guilty pleasures just songs you like, songs you don't and songs you haven't heard and I can't help having a wee smile to myself listening back to the music we chose. There's just some really good songs in these two podcasts and I hope the spirit in which the venture was intended is reflected.

Hit it!



Tracklisting -

1. The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
2. Coldplay - Clocks
3. Supergrass - Sun Hits The Sky
4. Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
5. Idlewild - You Held The World In Your Arms
6. Mother Love Bone - Stardog Champion
7. R.E.M. - Hairshirt
8. Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
9. Kimya Dawson - I Like Giants
10. Urge Overkill - Sister Havana
11. Radiohead - Idioteque
12. Belle And Sebastian - Lazy Line Painter Jane

No comments: