Monday, January 17, 2011

Plentycast #11

Back on my tod for the meantime and I think I had one too many senior moments when recording this particular podcast. I managed to create a new band called Entertainment For The Roadkill at one point, that was a particular highlight. However, I stay true to the Kerouacian ideal of first thought is best so it stayed in. Not that I couldn't be bothered recording another link or anything. Oh no, heaven forfend...

Anyway, we find ourselves recording a day later than usual - as I say at the start I was immersing myself last night in Season 2 of In Treatment and if it turns out to be as good as season 1 then I'm in for a very big treat as that was television, writing and performances of the highest calibre. I digress though, I think I was feeling a little low key following the sad news at the end of last week about Trish Keenan of Broadcast so that's reflected a wee bit in the playlist though there is your usual couple of louder ones, and that's fine by me. There's a nice flow to the songs so I hope you like them too.

Jocky wants you to click...



Tracklisting -

1. Galaxie 500 - Blue Thunder
2. Entertainment For The Braindead - Roadkill
3. Laeto - Ecuador
4. Ryan Francesconi - Parables
5. Shipping News - 7s
6. The God Machine - She Said
7. The Leaf Library - New Year
8. Mark Eitzel - Take Courage
9. Rex - Ride Home
10. The Braindead Collective & Rob St John - The Whites Of Our Eyes
11. Broadcast - Come On Let's Go

1 comment:

Jock Gumps said...

I do feel this is perhaps the best 'cast so far?! A lovely mix. No heard that God Machine number in an age or two. It's still a cracker. Loved Ivan Francescato tae. Did not expect his solo werk to sound like that at all. Was much taken. A hugely enjoyable 1hr 5 mins all in. Aye...